I have learned some truths as it relates to relationships and possible ways to keep them stable. I am by no means saying this is everyone’s truth. I am by no means saying this is new information. I am saying, this maybe valuable to some. Relationships take work…
The disclaimer… there is a fine line between love and infatuation. Some relationships are doomed before they start for different reasons.
- It’s wrong to start a relationship for physical reasons – Doomed to fail
- It’s wrong to start a relationship for monetary gain – Doomed to fail
- It’s wrong to start a relationship for family – Doomed to fail
We sometimes fall in love with the wrong person. These relationships hurt when they end but life will go on. Truth be told, sometimes even TRUE LOVE HURTS. The difficulty is, how do you know what is real and what is infatuation.
Many may say this information isn’t new but many will also admit to not living according to these truths. How many of us have failed relationships because we didn’t apply the most important of these well known truths. How many of us have lost loves because we didn’t apply the most important of these well known truths
Real love is like a diamond. It’s rare to find, rough at first and beautiful when cut and cleaned. After the diamond is cut and cleaned, it becomes desirous. Protect your diamond… Protect your love… Take these well know tips and keep your diamond clean.
- Take time off to spend with the one you love. Do regular date nights, drive outs, dinners, movies, plays anything that you both love doing. Note, this is most important, NO KIDS! Spending time together ensures you both remember how it was when you first fell in love.
- One car! Yes, we can afford two or three cars but this can drive a wedge between you and the one you love. We leave early and get home late. The reality is, we need to be able to talk everyday. Life can get very busy and that commute time gets very precious. Traffic can cause us to get miserable and even angry. These are the emotions that we take that home. Travel with your love, bond in conversation and make traffic tolerable.
- Say “I love you” often and not just say it but feel it. We all assume that our partner knows they are loved. NO! Never leave anything to chance. Tell them everyday… Show them everyday… never assume your partner knows
- Let the world know he/she is loved. Be public in your affection. Hold hands, hug, send special gifts. Call just to say “I care about you”, “I appreciate you”, “You are my life”
- Now this is my favourite… Sleep together. Cuddle. Spoon. If it gets hot buy an Air conditioning unit. A hug/cuddle is the best way to feel your partner, feel their love and allow them to feel your love. Feel them, smell them, touch them, it makes the love stronger, it makes one look forward to the next night.
- Listen! Sometimes your partner is crying out to you and you are just not taking the time to listen. Now I will admit this is a failing on my part, so this truth is from the heart. Listen to your partner. Hear what is said and what is not said. Body language! Facial expressions! Words! Listen…
- Talk… Talk about your day
- Talk… Talk about rubbish
- Talk… Talk about each other
- Talk… Don’t be afraid to sit in the bathroom with your love and TALK
I CAN NOT EMPHASISE THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNICATION… TALK!
When you find your love, hold on… Please not too tightly. You do not want to strangle the relationship. Remember to TALK… TALK… TALK…